Through support among several faculty members (Hart, Chassignet, Reasor, Erlebacher, Zou, Ruscher), our research group has access to a Linux Beowulf cluster designed by Hart, with gigabit internal networking.
You can view the status of the machines in the cluster at http://moe.met.fsu.edu/machines.
You can view the status of the UPSs in the cluster at http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/multimon.cgi.
Total memory: 370GB
Total RAIDed disk space: 100TB
Total unraided disk space: 20TB
Tape drives: 100GB LTO1 on moe; 400GB LTO3 on otto
- OS: CentOS 5.6
- Portland Group Compilers 5.2, 6.0, 7.2, 8.0, 9.0
- Intel Fortran and C Compilers 10.1.021; 32 and 64bit
- GrADS 1.7-2.0alpha9
- Matlab 126.96.36.1994: R2008a
- Garp/GEMPAK 5.11.1
- IDL 8.0
- R 2.10.0
- mpich1 [in /opt/local/mpich-pgiXYZ and /opt/local/mpich-ifort]
- mpich2 [in /opt/local/mpich2-pgiXYZ-64 and /opt/local/mpich2-ifort64]
- wgrib, wgrib2, gribw, cnvgrib, grib2ctl.pl, g2ctl, NCAR spherical harmonic converters
- GoogleEarth v5
- NCAR Graphics & NCL
- Many other smaller ones.
- Priority on parallelized jobs is always given to users working on theses. This cannot be stressed enough.
- Absolutely no browsing of clearly questionable web pages. This also cannot be stressed enough.
- Abuse of the cluster will lead to job termination and locking of the account.
- Machines with console users should never be used for parallelized jobs without asking the console user first.
- Routine jobs (crons) should always be approved before use.
- For security, you can only ssh or sftp into the cluster through huey or metlab.
- Accounts with weak passwords will be locked.
- Your password should be different from other accounts you have.
- If you have a question on how to do something, or whether you can do something, ASK!
- The only public RAID5 or RAID6 partitions on the cluster are:
All other partitions are not redundant and have a much higher chance of data loss. Thus, back up your own files if you are using partitions other than those listed above.
Ownership (does not include implied sysadmin by Hart):
- Hart: 80%
- Chassignet: 9%
- Reasor: 6%
- Erlebacher: 1%
- Zou: 1%
- Ellingson: 1%
- Ruscher: 1%