Met 5534 - Tropical Meteorology II - Spring 2008
Dr. Robert Hart
305 Love Building
Office Hours: 230-320PM MWF, 361 Love Building
Teaching Asst: Clark Evans, 365 Love Building. Office Hours 1230-125PM MWF
Tropical Meteorology Web Links
Homework #3. Files for problem #1 are here: June 2002 Aug 2002 Oct 2002 Aug 1998
- 11 April 2008: HW3 is posted. It is optional, and will only be used if it aids your homework grade.
- 9 April 2008: The powerpoint from April 7 class is here.. The powerpoint that would have been given on April 9's class is here..
References (added as course progresses):
There is not yet a tropical meteorology textbook. As a result, numerous references to other textbooks and journal articles will be used as content for the course. They follow, in the order assigned to the class:
- Numerous handouts of figures from various sources.
- CISK or WISHE as the mechanism for tropical cyclone intensification.Jour. Atm. Sci., 53,3528-3540
- TC memory and role in climate PPT.
- Garstang, M. and A. K. Betts, 1974: A Review of the Tropical Boundary Layer and Cumulus Convection: Structure, Parameterization, and Modeling., Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 55, 1195-1205.
- Frank, W.M., 1978: The Life Cycles of GATE Convective Systems, J. Atm. Sciences, 35, 1256-1264.